Saturday, January 23, 2010

So nice to meet you again...

As I sat down today prepared to enjoy the peace and quiet and intending to reacquaint myself with blogging I realized that I actually missed the noise and chaos that typically consumes our day. I don’t hear the sound of ballerina shoes clicking on the hardwood floors or heavy work boots stomping down the hallway. Even the world outside seems quieter, only the sound of soft raindrops against the window.

Everyone is off in their own direction today but here I sit contemplating not only the directions we are going in but also where we are coming from. A new year has begun and although it seems hard to believe at the moment I can just feel the newness resonating within it. Our little family has had so many small adventures in this past year and I can assure you that this is only the beginning. Many exciting (and slightly scary) changes are in store for us in the coming year. I hope you hang on for the ride, it’s sure to be a good one.

2 comments:

  1. I've missed hearing from you. I, too, took an extended LOA from blogging and succumbed to a period of nonchalance and depression. But, after the holidays, I started to see things in a little brighter light and have been diligently working on counting my blessings and always trying to see my cup as half full and not the other way around.

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keri, It is so nice to "see" you. I am glad that things are perking up for you as well. I look forward to catching up soon.

    ReplyDelete