Monday, December 17, 2012

December days

It certainly seems as though not much has been happening around our place if you are looking in this space but that couldn't be further from the truth.  The days have simply sped by, the steady hum of my sewing machine the background rhythm to all that has occurred. 

I try my best to keep the days slow and simple for our family during this time of year.  It's so very easy to get swept up in the hustle and bustle that is often December.  It is quite easy for me especially.  I often fall into the trap of adding just one more project to my to-do list until I find myself up until the wee hours of the morning working and then find myself exhausted the next day.  I've tried very hard to avoid that trap this year.  And I will admit that I wasn't fully successful but I can also say that I haven't let the list get too overwhelming.  Often times I find myself sneaking back to my machine during a quiet moment to try and fit in just a bit more work but nearly as often I find myself with lots of help.  Our table full of coloring pages, sewing pins, new ideas, and lots of little hands working away on that next great idea.  That is the kind of work I can not get enough of. 

Most of our work is super secret and can't be shared but we have been making a few things for ourselves like cookies and special ornaments for our tree.  These girls do love to paint.


Ornaments Ornaments 2

No comments:

Post a Comment