Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas Is Coming

And that is why its been so quiet here lately. Well that and the fact that my laptop decided to die on me. Ugh. I know, I'm a bad blogger. Seriously though I've been working really hard on Christmas gifts and gifts for the Holiday Exchange on the 'ville. In fact I've been sewing my fingers to the bone all day working on two bags. Yep I said sewing. I can't believe it. All I have to do is sew in the lining and I'll have my first ever completed sewing project. Yea me!
But I've also being crocheting up a storm. I've been working like mad on Christmas gifts hoping to get them done in time. Here is an awesome set I made for one of my cousins...sorry not telling which one.

I made this set from the incredible Oluchi Ribbed Hat and Scarflette pattern you can find on MsSunflwr's etsy shop. If you haven't been to her shop get over there and check it out. She has some beautiful designs. This pattern was so easy to understand and quick to make, not to mention the results are spectacular. I used I Love This Yarn in Hot Rose for the hat and Angel Fleece in Ladybug for the Scarflette and couldn't be happier about how it turned out. I have made several more hats from this pattern and am going to start more scarflettes very soon. This has quickly become my favorite hat and scarf pattern, especially because it is so warm and its beginning to get very cold here.

3 comments:

  1. they look great you have some lucky cousins for sure!! Sorry about your laptop! I cant wait to get back to bein an Okie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the yarn on the scarfette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I need to make a few hats myself, and the scarflette is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete