Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hug the Earth today!

Happy Earth Day everyone! In honor of Earth Day the Sweet Pea and I spent the day trying to be friendly to our Earth. We turned off all our lights and electronics today and spent the day outside as much as possible. We went on walks, hung our clothes out on the line and even planted our garden. In reality its the second go round for the garden since the first try got flooded. Yeah, great timing planting the day before a major thunderstorm. But we leveled things out and are trying our luck again. We planted tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, greenbeans, broccoli, squash, watermelon and cantaloupe. Yummy! I can't wait until we can taste all these wonderful yummy fruits and veggies this summer.

This is our first year to have a garden here of course but supposedly the previous owners had a great garden going so I'm remaining optimistic. I still haven't found my camera cord so another picture free post but hopefully I'll be able to post one tomorrow. The garden isn't much to look at right now but hopefully it will take off and start growing like crazy.

I hope everyone else had a wonderfully earth friendly day. I know we're starting to make more earth friendly changes around here every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment