Friday, June 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn

Kait pic 4
Good morning Birthday Girl. I look at you and can't believe that you are a year old already. Where did the time go? Sometimes it seems like only yesterday that you came into our lives and we began to get to know each other. There are other times though, that I watch you and can't believe that you are only a year old. You have become quite the smart, adventurous and funny little girl. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly you are learning new things and discovering your world. Your fierce independent and stubborn streak makes me both proud and crazy on a daily basis. Just like your refusing to sign unless you aren't getting what you want. I do hope that you can continue to be so curious and excited by life as you grow older.

Kait Pic 3
And you are quite the fearless explorer. Your love of all things outdoors is something you definitely inherited from your father and I swear you would both live outside in the yard if I would allow it. I've never seen a child want to be outside as much as you do.

Kait Pic 2
I hope that you know how much we all adore you and that we are giving you back as much joy as you have given all of us. Your smile and laughter brightens our every day.

Kait Pic 1
I am trying to remember to savor nights like tonight where we spend hours in the recliner rocking because you refuse to go to sleep. I find this amusing simply because just before bedtime you are the one that goes to your room to get your blanket and paci so that we can snuggle up together. Silly girl. But I know that these days are numbered and so tonight with all of these thoughts and feelings running through my mind I am simply thankful to be able to call myself your mama.

Love you...

1 comment:

  1. She is SO sweet and I LOVE her dress.

    ReplyDelete