Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November

Nature Table

November is notorious for bringing with it a flurry of activity and sense of “busy”. This year I am making a concentrated effort to slow things down and enjoy the upcoming holiday season rather than rushing through it. I’m trying to step back and really enjoy fall rather than rush through in anticipation of Christmas. This season seems to disappear so quickly around here and I don’t want to miss a single moment of it. Somehow half of the month has already flown by and I find myself reminded that no matter how much we slow down, time will always continue on. A good reminder to savor every moment as it comes and to fully live in the present. Something I am proud to say that I am finally getting better at.

We're spending more time playing with our nature table and just being outside enjoying all that fall has to offer us. I don’t feel the normal stress and urgency to get so many things done this season (ask me again the week before Christmas) and am keeping our to-do list as short as humanly possible. It feels somewhat strange to have such a short holiday crafting list and I’ll be the first to admit that at times I feel just a tad guilty for not doing more. Almost as if I’m not quite sure what to do with all this extra time I have given myself. I am sure, however, that the girls will be more than willing to help fill that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment