Monday, January 9, 2012

Winter Reading

Winter books 2

With the nasty virus that has been going around we've spent a lot of time avoiding leaving the house and a lot of time reading some of our favorite winter books. Once we packed away our Christmas books I realized our Winter reading stash wasn't as large as I had originally thought but we have some old favorites so we don't mind too much.

I keep our seasonal or themed books separate from all the other books on the bookshelf (in the girls' bedroom) so we can find them easily and they become part of our seasonal decor that way too.

Winter Books

We moved them off the coffee table onto the bookshelf in the front room to give us more playing space but to still have them easily accessible for lots of use.


In the basket right now:

Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner

Grandmother Winter by Phyllis Root

First Snow in the Woods by Carl R. Sams

Stranger in the Woods by Carl R. Sams

The Star Child by J and W Grimm

Owl Moon by Jane Yolen

One Winter's Day by M. Christina Butler

Such great books and perfect for snuggling up by a cozy fire on a blustery winter day. Do you have a winter favorite that you could suggest to us?


I linked to Amazon just for the simple fact that it is easy for anyone to find them that way. I wish I had a terrific local book store I could point people (and myself) towards though.

No comments:

Post a Comment