Monday, September 17, 2012

Autumn Book Basket

One of my favorite parts of the transition into a new season has to be gathering the books for our seasonal book basket.  I love books so any excuse to display them in a new way is fun for me.  The girls love revisiting old favorites and checking to see if there are any new surprises mixed in.


Autumn Basket


Here's what is in our basket this season:


Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf   -  Lois Ehlert
Every Autumn Comes the Bear  -  Jim Arnosky
Autumn Leaves  -  Ken Robbins
Children of the Forest  -  Elsa Beskow
Leaf Man  -  Lois Ehlert
Autumn  -  Gerda Muller 
In November  - Cynthia Rylant


I think this year we'll add a seasonal label of some sort to our basket, just for an extra touch of fun.  Do you have a favorite seasonal book on your reading list this fall?  

7 comments:

  1. Nice idea! I might try this, but I suspect all the books would just get mixed around the house with the others! I have some winter and Christmas favourites but need to find some autumn ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually surprised at how well teh books stay in their basket. Of course it isn't always neat and tidy like this. But that is th good thing about a big basket, even my 2 year old can put them in easily.

      Delete
    2. Goodness I should spell check myself sometimes...

      Delete
  2. I really like this idea. The books are easily accessible and they look good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Easy access is really important for my two "I do it" girls.

      Delete
  3. Hi! I loved your autumn books basket and I featured you on my new post "Discovering autumn nature: Crafts & activities" . You can see it here: http://maros-kindergarten.blogspot.gr/2013/09/blog-post_17.html
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for featuring our book basket.

      Delete