Thursday, July 18, 2013

Dresses for Patti

These long hot summer afternoons are making it easy to spend some time in front of my sewing machine.  That and two somewhat demanding children that seem to have a neverending list of things mama just has to make for them.  This request was for Kinsley who insisted that Patti had to have a new dress for summer because none of her dresses were long enough.  Well of course we had to remedy that right away. 

I used this pattern from A Bee in My Bonnet that I have had pinned for ages.  To make Patti's dress I simply added a little length to the end of the pattern. 


Doll Dress 1
 
 
Doll Dress 2
 
 
I used a these precious flower buttons I had in my stash and they're just perfect for this sweet little doll dress. This pattern worked up so quickly and easily that I just had to make a few more including this one for a sweet friend's little girl. I'll definitely keep this pattern handy for quick gifts.  This time I used snaps for the actual closure and just added the buttons for looks. I think the snaps are definitely the way to go for the easiest use for the kids. Velcro just doesn't work well for these waldorf dolls since it has the tendency to get caught up in all that lovely yarn hair.
 
 
  Doll Dress 3
 
 
Doll Dress 5
 
 
I adore this mustache fabric and was so happy to finally have a reason to cut into it. Now I really want to make a little girl dress out of it next. For Kaitlyn maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment