Wednesday, October 22, 2014

KCW Day 3: Star Wars Birthday Skirt

It's hard to believe that we're only four days away from miss Kinsley turning 7 years old, but here we are.  A few years back, without realizing it, I managed to start the tradition of the birthday girl getting a new outfit to wear on her birthday or at her birthday party.  The girls love to have a new outfit that matches their birthday theme, and I'm just happy that they still want mama to sew clothes for them so everyone wins.  It works out nicely that this week is also Kid's Clothes Week so I'm killing two birds with one stone so to speak.  Hopefully I can knock out a few more projects for the girls before the week is over.

This year Kinsley has decided on a Star Wars Lego themed birthday to celebrate turning 7, heavy emphasis on the Star Wars side of things.  Instead of the typical birthday dress she requested a tiered skirt for her outfit.  It's been a wild experience trying to shop and create clothing for this girl lately as her tastes seem to change by the minute, and she knows exactly what she wants.  (and it's rarely what I thought it would be) So it didn't surprise me when she knew exactly what she wanted her birthday skirt to look like...right down to the placement of each fabric and the size of each tier.  Particular much?  I'm not sure where she could have inherited that trait from.  Ahem.

So under her watchful eye I whipped up this super fun little skirt for her this afternoon.  It might very well be a record of the earliest I've actually created a birthday outfit since normally I find myself working until the wee hours of the actual birthday itself.  I'm so happy to have it completed ahead of time and that it was exactly what she wanted.  Whew.


Star Wars Skirt 2

Star Wars Skirt 7

Star Wars Skirt 8


It's so nice when a project comes together easily and turns out exactly how you planned it too.  But the best part about this skirt is definitely the fabric.  Not only does it please my Star Wars loving girl, but it has the added bonus of glowing in the dark!  All the designs in white actually glow!  How fun is that?  I'm going to attempt to get a good picture of it glowing once it gets dark tonight, it's really very very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment