Monday, July 19, 2010

Smellin' Like Summer


July 4, 2010 022, originally uploaded by RusticOkie.

I love the way summer smells around here. The sunscreen, freshly cut grass, barbeque grills and the fact that right now my entire house smells like fresh salsa. Yum.

The girls and I took an extended July 4th vacation and went to visit my grandparents. They loaded us up with as much fresh produce as the car would hold and there was no way we would be able to eat all the tomatoes so the hubby requested some fresh salsa. I'm not going to be making any to can this year since I didn't grow my own garden but we'll have plenty of fresh and there are still quite a few jars left from last year's harvest.

I hope everyone else is enjoying their summer as much as we are. Of course we could deal with it being a little less hot every day but I guess that's what summer is all about. We're trying to spend the hot afternoons working on some projects inside to beat the heat. The good news from that is that I'll have plenty of cute projects to share with you while we're trying to keep from melting. Like this shirt that I made for Kinsley for "firecracker day". I think it turned out pretty great and even though I still waited until the day before I think it turned out much better than last year's outfit. Maybe I am getting better at this sewing thing. Afterall I haven't had the urge to throw the sewing machine out the window in a few months so that has to be a good thing right?

I broke out the crochet hooks this past week too and have some quick but cute projects to share this week. Hopefully this means I'll be back to regular blogging again. I've actually really missed it and now that we aren't quite as sleep deprived around here I have a few things to blog about.

No comments:

Post a Comment