Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Two Fastest Months

Of my entire life. I know all mom's say this and I know I've said it before but I can't believe how quickly time is going by. Every day is just speeding by and I feel like I am struggling to get in enough quality time with both girls. Anyone else feel this way? Luckily I'm blessed to be able to work from home and that makes it a ton easier. And me a lot happier too.

She's such a happy baby all the time and yes we realize how lucky we are. Trust me, we paid our dues the first time around. It definitely makes waking up at the crack of dawn a lot easier when its to see a smiling baby instead of a crying one. It amazes me how much she wants to move and see and go already. She loves to stick her tongue out and thinks it's great when you do it back to her. She has incredible head control, probably from watching her big sister run around the house all day. She is beyond in love with her big sister and smiles every time she hears her voice or sees her. They are certainly going to be best friends (at least for a little while). And she loves to "talk". She will just smile and talk all day and it just absolutely melts my heart. I love her so much. I mean how could anyone not love this...

And check out that alfalfa hair she's got going on. Of course that's the only hair she has though. Someone please tell me I'm not the only one with bald headed little girls. Please. I thought Kinsley would never get any hair, but she's definitely made up for it now.

This is why I love crafting though...I pulled Kaitlyn's dress out of the closet and thought she HAD to have a headband to go with it for some reason. Seriously, I have never been into the headband/hairbow for babies craze until now. Kinsley didn't even get her first bows until a few months ago. Now I'm borderline obsessed. Really. Thankfully I have a pretty good stash on hand and figured I could find some colors that might match.


August 3, 2010 003

I couldn't believe I found colors that matched so well. This is when I don't feel so guilty for having a huge stash sitting around not being used. Sometimes it comes in handy. And of course since the baby got a new headband the big girl decided she HAD to have one too.


August 3, 2010 006

Of course after all of that she only kept it in her hair for about 4 minutes. Thankfully they are pretty quick to make. And no I didn't make either of their dresses, I wish I could take credit for them though. Kaitlyn's dress was a gift from hubby's cousin and his fiancee. Mom gets the credit for Kinsley's tie dye dress. It was actually a size 4/5 girls t-shirt that she saw and thought would make a good dress. Of course that's not surprising since mom's still a hippie at heart and can't pass up anything tie dyed. But I think it works great.


August 3, 2010 002

Although mom just informed me that she bought it with the intention of it being a nightgown and not an actual dress. Oops. I still think it's a great dress for my beautiful little hippie. And it makes me really want to tie dye every single piece of white fabric in my house. When the weather cools enough to actually be outside I am on it! Definitely not going to try to do it inside with a 2 year old. Disaster city I fear.

4 comments:

  1. Ack, you are killing me with the cuteness! Love the pic of little miss sweetie pie Kaitlyn and her adorable head band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute as a dress too. From one hippie to another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The master has done it again. Those are so adorable!! You should have them in your shop. I can't believe how much the girls are growing!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't take the cuteness. It's too much.

    ReplyDelete