Monday, January 7, 2013

Clean before Spring

I don't know about anyone else but by the time Spring gets here the last thing on my mind is cleaning house.  When the warmer weather of Spring finally arrives we are ready to bust out and enjoy the outdoors as much as we possibly can.  Gardens have been planned out, seeds purchased, new and exciting adventures dreamed up...there simply isn't time to stay indoors and clean.  For us it just makes sense to do our "spring cleaning" during the winter when we can't get outside as much anyway. 

I got a bit of an early start this year but it feels so good to get things cleared out and reorganized.  A great fresh start for the new year. 

This year I started with my crafting area simply because it was to a point of being depressing.  The mad rush of holiday crafting left it in less than ideal condition and there was to be no hope of doing any creating until I wasn't avoiding the disaster of a space.  I'll save you the horrifying before pictures but trust me, it was scary. 


Craft 2
 

 
It still needs a bit of decorating (bunting anyone??) and a couple more hooks up on the wall but I'm in love.
  
 
Craft 3 Craft
 
 
 It's so nice to have everything I use regularly organized and easily accessible while I'm working.  It makes it much more likely that I'll actually be inspired to sit down and craft.  I have some great projects in mind for this year. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment