Sunday, February 17, 2013

Birthday


Birthday
 
Birthdays are a funny thing sometimes.  The realization that another year has passed often comes with a bit of self reflection.  I was so looking forward to my birthday this year, even more so than I normally do.  No, this isn't a big milestone birthday for me and I think that is what I love most about it. 

Many times that self reflection can leave people wondering where the years have gone and just what exactly they have done with their lives.  I am happy to be able to say that I feel like I have used my time well and am just exactly where I am meant to be.  Sure, it wasn't always easy and there definitely were times that I stopped to wonder about the path I was being led down.  I think that is part of growing.  Every decision made leaves a mark on your life and I am very much at peace with the life I am living and the person I have become over the years.  Every day is such a precious gift and I am beyond blessed with the life I have been given.  Reminded of this by the breakfast in bed I was served today by little hands and big smiles. 

While I feel like I am in a very good place with who I am and the goals and plans for my future I still feel like there is so much out there waiting to be discovered.  I do suspect that I will likely always feel this way.  The world is just bursting with new things to experience and enjoy. This is something that I hope to pass on to my own children through my example.  One should never stop learning, living, and enjoying life.  Here's to a year of new experiences! 



No comments:

Post a Comment