Saturday, May 23, 2009

So I'm a week behind...

Okay so I realize it's Saturday and I'm about to make a post about what we did last weekend but I have a good excuse. Last Sunday I developed a horrible head cold. Since then I've been taking the sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever so you can rest medicine and even though I took the day kind it still wiped me out. That's the thing about this particular medicine is that even if you don't physically get any rest after taking it, your mind still goes on vacation. At least that's what always happens to me. But I'm happy to report that a week and several doses of Vitamin C later I'm doing much better. Yea.


Last weekend we all went to the Junque Arte Festival in Nowata. It was actually much more than I had expected. They had some great arts and crafts including a quilt area that had some beautiful quilts and quilt blocks. I am always amazed at the abilitly of these women and men who can make quilts. Myself, I don't have the patience to make it all work out like that. Trust me, I've tried and its not fun. I really liked this one, unfortunately my picture doesn't do it justice.
In addition to the arts and crafts there were a lot of old tractors and tons of beautiful old cars. I could have wandered around for hours staring at the cars and just wishing.




Okay I love this one. It's a 1940 Hudson in case you were wondering. Anyone that happens to have one just sitting around, feel free to send it my way. Seriously. The Hubby already knows that once we win the lottery (I should probably be buying tickets to make that happen) I'm going to become a collector.



No comments:

Post a Comment