Sunday, May 24, 2009

Stop to Smell the Roses

I found a quick minute to stop in and say hi. We came down to central Oklahoma this weekend to see my cousin graduate from highschool. It was a nice ceremony and even though it was outside the weather wasn't unbearable. After the graduation we had a cookout at my grandfather's house and then just visited with family for the rest of the day. Rather than just rushing right back home and back into the regular grind we decided to take the time to relax and smell the roses.

Today we headed to the Texas Motor Speedway to go to their trade days. It was much smaller than I had expected but we all found things to buy none the less. During our cookout after graduation my Uncle's girlfriend had the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. It looks like the top of a bottle but it snaps onto a soda can. Apparantly they've been around for several years but this is the first time I've seen them. Its the coolest thing because I love my Mountain Dew out of a can but when we're outside I'm always afraid that a bug is going to crawl inside when I'm not looking! This is the perfect solution. I was thrilled when that was the first thing we saw at the Trade Days. Needless to say I bought one for myself and the hubby. Mine is a just white but hubby's glows in the dark and has a deer on it! He'll love it. Here's another brand of them called Snap Capps. These aren't the ones that we bought but they are just like this. Aren't they awesome?
Now that we've regrouped and unloaded the truck we're headed off to Ikea. Yea!! It's my favorite place to browse around when we're in the Fort Worth area.

No comments:

Post a Comment