Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Yea for the moms!

Happy Late Mother's Day. I hope all the mothers out there had a wonderful day. I've finally recovered enough from mine to make this post. That and I found a card reader so I can finally get the pictures off of this camera. So now both cameras are operational. Woo Hoo!

We had a really fun day actually. Hubby's entire family came to the house for lunch and it was yummy! My FIL cooked fish for us and everyone brought a side dish and we pigged out. I've never seen so much fish, but it didn't take long for us to all demolish it. All the little cousins were there so the Sweet Pea had an amazingly fun time. She reached her limit though because in the middle of all the chaos she came to me, held out her arms and said "night night". It was too funny. She took a little nap and then was back in the middle of all the fun again. I've never heard her laugh so much.

I didn't get the craft project finished that I was planning to do for all the mom's but I'm not telling what it was because I'm planning on using it in the future. But I will share the picture I framed for my mom, MIL, and Hubby's grandma. I framed a variation of this picture in a double frame with the Sweet Pea's handprint on the other side. It turned out to be super adorable and I am so sad that I didn't make one for myself.



Since I was hosting the festivities I volunteered to make the desserts. That way none of the other mom's had to worry about cooking or anything. Besides I really love to bake and I wanted to try out some new recipes. I made some yummy thumbprint cookies, cupcakes for the kiddos to eat and then I tried a new recipe for lemon cheesecake bites. I was told they were really good but they were all gone before I even got to try one. I still have extra ingredients so I'll have to make a batch this week so I can try one! I also made a chocolate sheath cake but it was half gone before we even served lunch. That's partly to blame on me and dh though. Since I made the desserts the day before we couldn't resist the temptation of a chocolate cake sitting on the table. lol


And just a little notice that the next post will in fact be craft related. I have some crochet to put up so stay tuned this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment