Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Summer Series: Graffiti Shoes

Shoe Revamp Pic 3

Ever since I saw this tutorial over at Lil Blue Boo last year I've wanted to decorate some shoes with Kinsley. I made sure it made it into our summer crafting schedule this year.

Shoe Revamp Pic 1
We picked up some cheap canvas shoes on clearance and pulled out all our markers and got right to it.

Shoe Revamp Pic 2
We learned that the fine tip markers don't bleed nearly as much so they are the best to do any fine detail or outlining with. The shoes have held up surprisingly well, even the ones that were colored with regular "washable" markers.

I decided to do something a little different with the ones I was decorating and just use a black fine tip sharpie to draw some details that we could color in later.

Shoe Revamp Pic 4

Shoe Revamp Pic 5

Shoe Revamp Pic 6

Shoe Revamp Pic 7

Shoe Revamp pic 8

This was such a fun project for both of us. Even if you're like me and have zero drawing ability you can still come up with some pretty cute looking and totally unique shoes. So far Kinsley has decided she likes them without color but that could change any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment