Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Goodbye Three

Ballerina Kinsley

I just put this little girl to bed for the last time as a 3 year old. Tomorrow when we wake up she'll be 4 and very excited about it. We have a low key day planned with all her favorite foods and of course lots of family and birthday cake.

I know I keep saying how sad I am that she is growing so quickly but really it is more of a bittersweet moment. While I'm sad to be losing my little girl I am so in love with the person she is becoming. She is one of the most thoughtful, funny and compassionate people that I know. She is my little caretaker and is always doing sweet little things for everyone around her. We are constantly smiling with all of her funny jokes and theories on life. Yet she is often insightful and wise well beyond her years.

When she grows up she says she wants to be a mama, a ballerina, a firefighter and maybe a veterinarian. She still prefers chocolate milk to anything else and would eat bread and butter for every meal if we'd let her. Being a ballerina is her current passion and looks forward to class every week. We still read numerous books every day and she is loving being a scientist. Naptime has become optional and she is convinced that four is big enough to stay up late like the grown ups. She would rather be outside and would likely live in the backyard if she could. She insists on taking her vitamin every morning but resists having to have her hair brused. Tomatoes are only eaten while standing in the garden but carrots (raw) are to be eaten any time.

I am looking forward to seeing what the next year brings with this beautiful little little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment