Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away

But don't come back another day! This has been ridiculous. All week I was sitting at work listening to the rain just POURING down. Today was the first day in a while it hasn't rained. Everything has just been flooded and wet. You couldn't even walk outside without stepping in a puddle halfway up to your knees. I fully expected to see little woodland creatures rowing by the window in a little canoe. These are the kind of days you want to be at home snuggled under a blanket crocheting away. Not sitting at work thinking maybe you should be building an ark.

I have been crocheting up a storm lately although I know you can't tell that from the lack of pictures and posts here on the blog. The problem is that I can't keep focused on one project long enough to get it completed. I keep getting distracted by new ideas. I have to make myself focus and start getting things completed. I have a ton of crocheting that I have to finish before Christmas and its only a couple of months away now. Wanna know how much trouble I'm in? I have 12 kitchen sets, 21 scarves, hats, mittens and even a couple of afghans that need to be done before Christmas. Oh and a sweater and some things for the kiddo. Yep, I'm screwed. But at least all the things I'm working on are gifts.

I did actually crochet everything for my MIL's Kitchen Set but I didn't weave in the ends so I can't even count it as finished yet. Then I found a pattern for some hotpads that I thought would be perfect for my cousin's set so of course I had to start them. Then I made a couple of dishcloths for my mom and sister. And just when I was trying to get focused I found the pattern for this H Bag and of course I put everything else down and had to start it. I just finished assembling the purse but still have to make the straps. I left the yarn for the straps at work though so I can't finish it until I decide to get motivated enough to drive over there and get it. See how hard it is for me to stay on track? I promise that tomorrow I will sit down and weave in all the ends on my MIL's gift and I will post it. You can be my witnesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment