Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Home Again

Yea we are finally home. It's been a long, busy two weeks and it is so nice to be home. Not to say it wasn't a good trip, but there is no place like home!

Before we left I did manage to fit in one of my favorite places to eat in West Texas, Clear Springs Cafe in Midland. Well, I really only love one thing there but it is more than worth going just for these...




The Texas Sized Onion Rings! Yummy! Obviously it's more than enough for a couple people and we like to just go and order these and nothing else. I wish there was somewhere closer to get them. 12 hours is just too far to drive for onion rings. Unless I'm really hungry!

It takes quite a bit to take a 12 hour drive with a 19 month old. We did break the trip up into a couple days but it is still a long time to be stuck in the truck. I did discover a new way to keep her occupied though. Blackberries. Who knew? We had the tray of freshly picked blackberries sitting in the seat next to her and she just kept sneaking them out. (Don't worry, they were washed before we left my grandmother's)

I still can't believe she just went to town on them. I've never seen a kid love fruit the way my daughter does. Now we just need to expand her love of vegetables beyond green beans. Hopefully our garden will be the way to do it. I was so excited to come home and find vegetables in the garden ready to be picked. Yea! It's not much but it is definitely a good start.

I ate the cucumber last night and it was delicious! I should have more ready to pick before the end of the week. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment