Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cupcake Birthday Bash Part 4 of 4: The Skirt

Photo Disclaimer: Last Christmas I decided to stray from the Cannon and Sony cameras that I love so much and buy a small Nikon. It was not a great decision on my part. I would like to apologize for the blurry shots I've posted lately (especially the recent ones of the cupcake party) and promise that I will try to do better about keeping batteries in my other cameras. Thanks Nikon. Geez.

Finally the final post about the cupcake party. Although I loved making everything and am beyond pleased with the party I can not wait to start posting about some other things. I've been doing a lot of machine embroidery this week that I can't wait to show you! I promise it's worth the wait though.

Since I had enough apron fabric left over I wanted to make an outfit for the Sweet Pea to wear to the party. I didn't have much left so I had to settle for just making a skirt. I used the skirt pattern from Simplicity 3856 and made this:



I really like it quite a lot. It was a pain in my rear end to sew but that was no fault of the pattern, it just confused the heck out of me. Finally about 10:30 the night before the party I gave up and promised to try and finish it the next morning. With a little (okay, a lot) of help from my mom the skirt was done in time for the party though. I just could not get the skirt onto the band at all. Much too complicated for me. I'll go back to sewing rectangles thank you very much. But it is adorable. We just paired it with a plain pink tee and she was good to go. I only wish I could have gotten the cupcake hair clips finished.

The only bad thing is that she has such a tiny waist that once the skirt is on her you can hardly see the cupcake fabric. It really only shows when she walks around. Oh well

No comments:

Post a Comment