Saturday, August 15, 2009

Duck, Duck,

Goose.

We had a great day on Friday. We made a trip to the Claremore Lake Park to feed the ducks. The hubby was convinced we wouldn't see any ducks and upon our arrival I was afraid he was right. We finally spotted these Geese though and decided they would work just as well.

They posed very nicely to have their pictures taken too. Much better than the ducks we finally found as we were leaving the lake. Silly ducks.

This sweet little thing had a wonderful time staring at the geese swimming around. We were a little apprehensive about her first upclose experience with water fowl but she did exceedingly well. Aside from the fact that she ate more popcorn than she actually threw. What happens when you try to explain to an almost two year old that she should stop eating long enough to throw just a little bit?

You get this look in return. Don't you just hate when your child give you a look that you can recognize as one you give? Yeah, that's a fun moment.

It was a great time though. It was so nice to just take a step away from our hectic schedules and the stresses of daily life that have been upon us lately and just enjoy each other. Sitting on a rock by the lake just enjoying spending time together. It was especially sweet for me because I can remember doing this same thing with my parents when I was a child. It's nice to know that no matter how much time has gone by, some things never change.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time at the lake. The pictures are adorable. Is this the "Sweet Pea" you've referred to? She's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's my sweet pea. I can't believe I haven't posted enough pics for everyone to just know that! lol I figured everyone was beyond tired of seeing pictures of her. Maybe I'll have to post some more. :)

    ReplyDelete