Monday, September 16, 2013

Back to (un)school

Unschool
It seems as though over the past few weeks my Facebook feed has been full of back to school photos.  As a homeschooling mama I can't help but wonder if I should take a photo as well.  A "not back to school" photo perhaps?

You see, I realize there are many out there that think we really don't 'do' much school at all.  We certainly don't fit into their picture of a homeschooling family.  Thought I'm not sure that is really a bad thing.  Truthfully we don't fit neatly inside any one type of schooling at all.  I suppose I would call us Waldorf-inspired unschoolers, if I had to pick a classification.  Maybe that is why I don't feel the need to take a back to school photo, I don't feel as though we've ever really left learning behind so for us it is just another day.

I will consider this our unofficial back to school post.  The upcoming change of seasons is a great place to mark a new beginning and what could be better to celebrate with than new supplies?  School supply shopping was my favorite part of back to school when I was growing up.  I still love shopping for new pens and office supplies even as an adult.  We are fairly well stocked with art and craft supplies but we can always use a new journal to start out the new season.  Truly, what is better than a new pen and a crisp empty notebook just waiting to be filled?  I can't wait to see what these journals will hold at the end of the year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment