Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Felt Food = Fun Times


Believe it or not I actually have been doing some crafting lately. The problem is that I haven't been working on anything that I can show you. I've been working a few custom orders for the shop, halloween costumes, and gifts for a baby shower next weekend. Unfortunately nothing's finished so there isn't much to see. But in between working on all those big projects I've been working on some small crochet projects and some more food for Kinsley so I'd have something to share. (Besides a picture of my mounting laundry pile)

We are big fans of playing kitchen around here. Kinsley's play kitchen is probably her favorite toy and it gets played with each and every single day. Just come to our house and Kinsley will immediately set to work making you some wonderful food, whether you want it or not. She's always requesting new items for her kitchen and I'm happy to oblige. Until it comes time to pick up the nine thousand pieces of food she has "cooked" with that day. I am beginning to rethink making all of this for her, but it's so much fun I can't help myself. So instead we're learning to *not* take everything out of the kitchen at one time. It's a work in progress... Regardless I keep right on making pretend food. Afterall, what's a few thousand toys to pick up when you're having fun?

Everyonce in a while when daddy's home we like to order pizza and have a picnic and it's always fun so of course we had to add pizza to our felt foods. I went with a cheese pizza because Kinsley only likes meatballs on her pizza and I couldn't get them to look right so cheese it is. I still think it's pretty cute even if it's a little boring. I tried to get her to let me add pepperoni, or peppers or mushrooms but she said "no way". Oh well. This was the first time I've used the sewing machine to make the felt food instead of doing it by hand. I thought I'd like it because it would be so much faster but I found that the felt had a tendency to pull and stretch and I didn't like it nearly as much as I thought I would. Guess it's back to hand sewing for me.

Then I had to make some ravioli while I was thinking pizza-Italian-pasta. Kinsley isn't a big fan of ravioli in real life but she thought the felt version was cool. And it was great because they are super simple and work up in absolutely no time. That's a definite plus.

Felt Food 002

Although I have noticed that it doesn't get cooked quite as often as some of her other foods. Maybe that's a sign. The crocheted ice cream cones were a big hit, but that's for another day. :)

2 comments:

  1. I tried to see this post when you first did it and it would always error. Glad it works now :)

    I found the same thing was happening when I tried to machine-sew the felt. It looks much cuter hand sewn anyway :D LOVE the ravioli! Good job mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know I wasn't the only one with the machine problem with the felt. I can't wait to see all your felt creations Jenni.

    ReplyDelete