Monday, October 25, 2010

Birthday Ball


060, originally uploaded by RusticOkie.

Saturday's Princess party went wonderfully. The only negative was that while we were decorating the power went out and didn't come back on until after the party was over. The lack of power (paired with the cloudy rainy day) made for less than stellar pictures but it didn't affect the fun one little bit.

017

Here's the main table with all the food. I just realized I didn't get a good close-up of the fabric banner I made so it's hard to see the tiny details in the fabric, but it's so cute. I'm trying to find a place in the house I can hang a pink banner without hubby hating it too much. Too bad Kaitlyn already has one in her room.



015

There's my awesome cousin helping out! She volunteered to make the cupcakes for the party (which were a huge hit) and she also did Kinsley's beautiful princess hairstyle. It was a great to see her and she was such a big help.



019

Here are the cupcakes she made. Yum! That's strawberry icing. Sooo good.

020

The white chocolate covered marshmallow pops were the only thing I actually had to "cook" for the party. It was so strange to not have to worry about baking. But strange in a good way.

026

I was able to just walk up to the bakery and say "I'm here to pick up a cake". That was a first for me, but I'm thinking it won't be the last time. No more staying up until all hours the night before finishing a cake.


021

The "gumball" machine I made. I think instead of packing this away with the party supplies we're going to leave it out in the kitchen. It's kind of fun!



002

The table that we decorated for the kids.



007

They each had their own place setting with a wand, a ring and a crown to wear (although I don't think any of them wore their crown actually).



025

And I know you see these at tons of parties but I love them anyway and it's so easy to just hot glue some ribbon right on. Plus I can never have too many canning jars around.




118

We had a nice little group of princesses and one handsome prince.



117

Check these two out. Aren't they too cute?


154

After lots of running around and hitting each other with balloons it was finally time to light the candles and sing Happy Birthday.



155
And this is what happened. She didn't like it one bit. And even today she told me "Remember how everyone was singing? I don't like it". Yeah not a fan.




115

It didn't take long for her to perk back up though so don't you worry. Stealing Mulan's fan might have had something to do with it. Or maybe it was the presents, there were lots of presents.

130

In fact I think she wore herself out before she was even finished opening them up.



161

It was a great party and after we headed out to dinner with my family where she got even more cake. Talk about a sugar overload. But that's okay. I mean how could you resist such a gorgeous princess?




052

Or two? I just love this picture of them together. Such sweetness. Of course two seconds later Kaitlyn reached up and smacked her, but it was nice while it lasted. And aren't their dresses to die for. We went to the mall with grandma and grandpa on Friday and they picked up the dresses for them (Thanks Mom!).




012-1

013

I'd definitely say the party was a success. Especially when after it was over she said "That was the best birthday party EVER!!". It was definitely worth it. And you'll be proud to know I only teared up once on the way over there. Today, however, I've been teary eyed all day. Tomorrow my baby will officially turn 3 years old. Lord help me.



I just realized while looking back over these pictures that I forgot to go back and take a picture of the kids' table after I put the pails with tissue paper flowers back on the table, darn.

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful!! What a great party idea and it turned out gorgeous! She is so pretty, your cousin did an awesome job on her hair! WTG Mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bri! It was so much fun to watch all those little ones running around and being silly.

    ReplyDelete