Thursday, October 7, 2010

Princess Peg Dolls


A certain little girl around here is about to turn 3 years old. This certain little girl has insisted for months that she is going to have a princess birthday party and everything and everyone must be a princess. And she's serious. So prepare yourself to be bombarded with all things princess in preparation for this event. This is the first of those posts. I have been wanting to make some of these wooden dolls for ages and so I brought them with me this week while we were visiting the memaw and pepaw. I remember lots of good times while I was growing up sitting at the dining room table and painting. I knew it would be the perfect crafty project for our week and thankfully it was.

Princess Dolls 007


Princess Dolls 008


We set up an area for her to paint and she picked a wooden cloud to paint and went to town. I was hoping that she would become so involved in her own painting that she wouldn't notice the princesses we were painting just across the table. Yeah right. I was half finished with Ariel when she shrieked "Is that Ariel? You're painting Ariel!!!" Yeah, we were busted. Oh well. The good news is that she recognized them all as who they were supposed to be so I consider that worth ruining the surprise a bit. I think they turned out adorable.

I painted Ariel and Snow White and Memaw tackled Cinderella, Belle, and Sleeping Beauty.

Princess Dolls 005

Princess Dolls 003

Princess Dolls 004

Princess Dolls 001

Princess Dolls 002

I am so excited for her to get them on her birthday. And I hope she'll have forgotten about them a bit by then so it will be a little bit of a surprise. I'm going to make a carrying case for them, like the crayon rolls, so they can be easily transported around.

Now I just need to get another set of dolls to make her a Mulan and a Prince Charming. :) The wooden pegs came in a bag of 5 in the unfinished wood section at Hobby Lobby, although I know most craft stores would have them. We just used regular acrylic paints to paint them with. Super easy.

2 comments:

  1. Those are so dang cute. I wish I were as creative as you! Hooray for a princess party! It will be a blast, who doesn't love fluffy dresses and sparkles?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these!! What an adorable idea!

    ReplyDelete