Monday, October 18, 2010

Birthday Bonanza


October 19 003, originally uploaded by RusticOkie.

We are in full blown birthday craziness around here this week. Kinsley is marking down the days on the calendar with intense excitement. You see, birthdays are a BIG deal around here. Celebrations have been known to go on for more than a week (and no I'm not only talking about my birthday).

I love birthdays. I mean, what could be better than an entire day devoted to you and your awesomeness? Nothing, that's what. So maybe I tend to go a bit overboard with birthday festivities and maybe hubby rolls his eyes at me a lot. So what. Let me clarify by saying we don't spend a ridiculous amount of money on birthdays but I do everything within our power (and budget) to completely spoil the birthday person. This birthday is a prime example of my birthday obsession.

Everyone keeps telling me not to worry so much about all the little details of this party. "She's only going to be three" they say. "She won't even notice" they reply when I mention I forgot to get the coordinating napkins. First of all, she absolutely will notice. This child notices every single little detail about her world. (Except for maybe where her shoes are when it's time to leave the house) And she's "only" going to be three? Well I happen to think that turning 3 is a really big deal actually. I don't know why, it just seems like it marks the difference from being a baby or toddler into being a big girl. Especially for my big girl.

This past year has not been an easy one for her. With me being so sick I could barely move during the majority of my pregnancy to her new baby sister coming and turning everything upside-down in her world. I think that is why this birthday is so important to me. I want her to have a perfect time that is only about her and how wonderful, special and important she is to us. I want her to have the princess extravaganza of her dreams. (her very detailed and specific dreams)

So bear with me this week as I flood you with princess party details and tons of pictures of my soon-to-no-longer-be-two year old. I'm going to be clinging onto every precious moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment