Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Waldorf doll for Kait

Kait's Doll Pic 2

I finally got to work on Kait's doll, nothing like waiting until the last minute. Though I am done much earlier than the middle of the night Christmas Eve so that is an improvement.

My most (and least) favorite part of doing these dolls is the face.

Doll Making

I'm always scared to make that first stitch but it is so fun to see the dolls come to life. I still can't quite manage to get the eyes really round but I'll keep practicing. Things certainly went faster and easier than the first doll and I enjoyed the process so much more. I used another premade body from Ashtabeulah's shop to make life a little easier on myself. I would like to try my hand at making some of the pocket dolls from scratch next year though.

Kait's Doll Pic 1

I hope Kait loves her as much as I do. She is just the perfect little size for her and I can't wait for both girls to get their dolls on Christmas morning.

By the way I got the doll sweater from TaffertyDesigns on Etsy. This is the second sweater we've ordered from them and I am so pleased with the quality of them. They are the perfect size for these smaller dolls.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous doll! And I think her eyes are sweet. Merry Christmas, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer Bambridge12/22/11, 6:24 PM

    WOW! I am so impressed! You did such a lovely job. Your girls are so lucky to have such a talented mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much. Merry Christmas to you both.

    ReplyDelete